Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email. Please make sure you tell us what email address to unsubscribe and put the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line. Note that, if you do, Blessings and Joy may suspend it’s provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any Blessings and Joy product and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honored.
Blessings and Joy collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to it’s web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Blessings and Joy collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding Blessings and Joy’s services;
- to develop and provide our web site and our products and services for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Blessings and Joy , it’s affiliates and third parties;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of Blessings and Joy’s site;
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Blessings and Joy and third parties;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Blessings and Joy site or any product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of Blessings and Joy, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Blessings and Joy site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Blessings and Joy’s site, products and services.
Blessings and Joy also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for it’s business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
Blessings and Joy limits it’s collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. Blessings and Joy does not direct it’s site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
When you visit the Blessings and Joy web site, a cookie may be placed on your computer or the cookie may be read if you have visited the Blessings and Joy site previously. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the Blessings and Joy web site, you may not be able to view all the text on the screens, or to experience a personalised visit, or to subscribe to certain service and product offerings on the Blessings and Joy site.
Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Blessings and Joy does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- to Blessings and Joy’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Blessings and Joy’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if Blessings and Joy has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Blessings and Joy’s rights or property, other users of Blessings and Joy’s web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Blessings and Joy or substantially all of it’s assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in Canada or the United States, or in any other country in which Blessings and Joy or it’s affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Blessings and Joy will keep your personal information in it’s archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Blessings and Joy’s compliance with any applicable law.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Blessings and Joy will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing Blessings and Joy about changes to their personal information. You can do this by sending an email. Blessings and Joy will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update it’s own records.
Access to Personal Information
Blessings and Joy will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by emailing email@example.com
If Blessings and Joy is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney–client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that it’s disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Blessings and Joy or the Privacy Officer as described above. Blessings and Joy will promptly correct such personal information.